Duke of Edinburgh and Scout/Guide groups at Hendwr, North Wales.
We welcome stays from Duke of Edinburgh Groups and Scouts/Explorer or Guide Groups. There is a seperate area ideal for this. If you would like to discuss further please contact us.
Why choose Hendwr for your group?
Direct access to all the main routes onto the Berwyn mountains straight from the campsite
- Friendly staff who understand the award scheme
- We take bookings directly from young people allowing them to fully plan their own expedition
- Area suitable for multiple expeditions from bronze to gold levels
- Access to local bronze and silver assessors who know the area
- 10 minutes from the A5 on a good road system 45 minutes nearer than most Snowdonia campsites
- Landline number that can be used as an emergency contact point
- Site is big enough for supervision teams to be completely separate from participants
- Ideal site for all award scheme expeditions from training through to practice and qualifying ventures