We welcome stays from Duke of Edinburgh Groups and Scouts/Explorer or Guide Groups. There is a seperate area ideal for this. If you would like to discuss further please contact us.
Why choose Hendwr for your group?
- Direct access to all the main routes onto the Berwyn mountains straight from the campsite
- Friendly staff who understand the award scheme
- We take bookings directly from young people allowing them to fully plan their own expedition
- Area suitable for multiple expeditions from bronze to gold levels
- Access to local bronze and silver assessors who know the area
- 10 minutes from the A5 on a good road system 45 minutes nearer than most Snowdonia campsites
- Landline number that can be used as an emergency contact point
- Site is big enough for supervision teams to be completely separate from participants
- Ideal site for all award scheme expeditions from training through to practice and qualifying ventures
- Seasonal pitches are all on grass
- *Fully Refitted* 2012 shower and toilet block
- Dish washing up room
- On site laundry
- Refuse room